Thursday 1 August 2013

What make of figures are these?

I have some 25mm SciFi figures which the oldest are at least over 30 years old and I no longer remember who manufactured them. The fish monster and the grey robot are much later additions 20 plus years ago. The older figures were purchased for me as a result of my pester power as a whipper snapper at Northern Militaire  at it's venue before Salford. I actually wanted the fantasy figures which were Greek hoplites and lizard men?, but my father knew I loved Star Wars so only agreed to buy the SciFi figures. I still remember the lecture that I shouldn't chew them, and I had to wash my hands after playing with them.

Anyway anybody know who made them? And if there were part of  game/ rule set?











6 comments:

  1. Greenwood and Ball, Garrison sci Fi, the rules are Encounter 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was way off base. I thought they might be Starguard, but no way. Love the cat by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No idea sorry, I was thinking bigger versions of some of the Laserburn stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your help. I also posted on TMP and the running consensus on there is that the fish monster is a Grenadier Deep One and the grey robot is an old Citadel figure from the Spacefarer range. The other figure, which were all bought from the same manufacturer are suggested as either Garrison or Starguard. The Garrison figures apparently came out around the time of Star Wars and were used with Encounter 2 rules as Anon suggests. A quick google and Greenwood and Ball still sell Garrison figures but not the SciFi ones it seems. Looking on TMP there are a couple of threads that suggest only a few of the moulds survived the test of time. Interestingly one of the posts mentions a tracked laser cannon and crew. I have what I call a tracked robot with 2 laser barrels, I wonder if it is the same one.

    Thanks again folks. Any further info is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a clue my friend but they must be valuable as you've hired some feline security?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't help ID the figs either, but they look cool and the last shot puts them into a nice perspective. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete